Friday, September 18, 2009

I have job security!


Yesterday I went golfing. My wife was kind enough to rework her schedule so that she could takes the boys to school and pick up Q. It may be the last time that happens. I think O thought maybe he could get away with something since mom was dropping off. He threw a fit and was not going to get out of the car, the teacher had to pull him kicking and screaming. Another teacher had to come and help, apparently it was not a pretty sight, and my wife took it hard. Things don't stop there, because she still had to wait before dropping Q off. First he told her that she was parking in the wrong place to wait, then while waiting they called me. Here is my conversation with Q "hi honey how are you?", trying to hold backs tears "daddy will you please come home now?", "I'm sorry honey, I'm golfing far away, I can't come now. Be good getting out for mommy, and don't cry", then I just hear crying. Q tells J that daddy walks him into school (I did once, but won't again), so of course mommy complies. Unfortunately J didn't remember the time to drop Q off and is 15 minutes early, which is fine except that he has to go in a room other than his classroom which he doesn't like. He falls apart, "mommy no, don't go, I want to stay with you! moooommmmmyyyyy!". I am proud of my wife, she stayed strong, handed Q over and left. I knew Q would cry at drop off, because he has been with me, so I anticipated he would be getting a day off of school. To my surprise, the softy of the two of us, turned out be the enforcer that day. Of course after drop off was finished, the first call was to inform me that she would not be doing it again, that it would henceforth be my job. That's fine with me, as long as she keeps the job of cutting fingernails and toenails, I hate that one.

1 comment:

  1. Just don't let them get into my habit of biting the nails (not sure of a way to do that, good luck though). There always seems to be Mommy jobs and Daddy jobs; for me the one to tuck me in was Mom, the one to help me after a nightmare was Dad.

    ReplyDelete