Thursday, October 8, 2009

The sad state of my fantasy football team.

I am in a deep depression over my fantasy football team. I take great care and pride in the drafting, maintenance, and success of my teams. After having won two years in a row, I currently sit second to last with a record of 1-3. It's killing me, I'm doing everything I can to stop my slide, waiver wire pick-ups, trade attempts, upside plays, but none of it is working. I'm trying to figure out where I've gone wrong, and I think it started with getting the first pick in the draft. It's not that I was disappointed getting Adrian Peterson, it was where it put me for the rest of my picks. I do not like picking first, I'd much rather pick later and not have to wait so long between picks. The league is a ppr (points per reception) league so with my second two picks I got top receivers, Roddy White and Boldin, neither has played up to snuff. I missed out on decent QB's because they all went earlier than expected. I was happy to end up with Hasselback late only to have him play well, then get hurt. My other mistake was drafting Raiders, as a Charger fan you would think I would know better, but I thought McFadden could go big (the Raider's rushed well last year), and Zach Miller was the highest TE on the board when I drafted. My sleeper WR picks all bombed or are hurt (Eddie Royal, Earl Bennett, Lance Moore). I did draft decent RB depth late with Ray Rice, Joseph Addai, and Felix Jones, but all are in timeshares and I'm never sure who's going to be the one to go with from week to week. That has been my other problem, guessing wrong on who to start. I would have won week four if only I had picked Addai or Rice over Mc Fadden (or if AP would have had a good game). I think my other big problem was holding on to my players too long and missing good opportunities to improve, I should have booted Royal, McFadden, and Miller much sooner. I remain hopeful I can make a turn-around, get in the playoffs, then maybe get lucky and pull off a miracle. I'm already fully obsessed with my team, so really I'm going to have to be smart and lucky. At least I have the satisfaction of my wife's team (which I also manage), being the top point scorer and in second place in her league, and fantasy basketball is just around the corner to give me a second chance at victory.

1 comment:

  1. Same situation here. Keeper league. I'm the league manager. We had six keepers, but people complained so instead of starting my season with Brady, LT, MJD, Marshall, Colston and Whitten, I kept Brady, LT and MJD. I got lucky and got Whitten back, but he's got Romo throwing to him. My wr's are a rotation of no names. I had Earl Bennett and somehow I picked up Steve Smith (NYG)... I let him go.

    I KNOW!!!! I know...

    I dropped him for Mike Sims Walker. It's been an even trade. Lance Moore and Anthony Gonzales are still sitting on my IR. Darren Sproles has helped spell LT... Ray Rice is in a timeshare. Brady has been in a funk... I dropped the Jets D for a matchup but was lucky to pick up the Broncos who have been scoring well.

    It's an obsession! Now Braylon Edwards is coming here. hmmm...

    I lie awake at night thinking about this stuff! It's horrible!

    You'll turn it around.

    ReplyDelete