Monday, January 25, 2010

Just do it!

I've been trying to convince myself to start exercising again, but haven't been very successful. My wife has tried to prod and encourage me to do it, to no avail. Making time has been a bit of an issue, but I can't use that excuse. Towards the end of last week, I decided I just need to do it. While cleaning I came across an old Men's Health magazine, the special flat belly fast issue. It had the best ab workout you'd never done (no crunches), and the no gym no excuses workout, a 20 minute workout called the body-weight 200. They seemed to fit the bill for what I needed, so today I start to exercise again. I figure that by putting this in the blog I might be more inclined to follow through. I thought about putting up the corresponding before pictures, but I wouldn't want to scare anyone, and really, no-one wants to see half naked pictures of me. I will however give up the numbers from my scale, as of this morning I weighed 226.8 lbs, a body fat of 11.5%, a body water of 56%, a muscle mass of 40.9%, and a bone mass of 4.1%. With a height of 6' that means I have a BMI of 30.8 which classifies me as obese. According to the instructions for my scale, my body fat is in the normal range, as are my other measures, which don't really mean much to me. I will assume my scale is accurate, because why would it lie to me, it has nothing to gain, and because I'm not going to worry about it if it isn't. At some point I'll update my progress, but I won't bore everyone with continual updates. I'm going to try to eat healthy, but unlike my OCD wife I will not be keeping a food journal and obsessing over calories and the such. Not that there is anything wrong with that, she likes doing things that way. As a reminder, I don't set goals per se, but I would like to be between 200-210. The last time I got into the 190's my grandmother started asking if I was sick (which I might have been since I ran a half-marathon). I best quit stalling and get to my workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment