Monday, February 22, 2010

Progress report

I am 4 weeks in to my attempts to exercise, lose weight, and be healthier. So far it's not going too bad. The first 3 weeks I managed to work out 4 days each week, last week I only got in 2 since there was a holiday, a cold, and a project keeping me from it. I lost a couple of pounds the first week, then nothing for the next two. Last week (when I work out less), I manage to lose about 3 more pounds. That puts me at 221.4 lbs, so about 5 pounds in 4 weeks, I'm pretty happy with that. It always takes my body a little bit to adjust to exercise. At first when I start in, I get hungry all the time and actually eat more, but as I get into more of a routine, I actually end up eating less and better. I've been doing mostly the body weight 200 workout, but I'm looking to try and do more running and cardio. I'd like to be working out 5-6 days a week. I've been slacking with the ab workout, I need to be better about that, but let's face it doing abs sucks! The body weight workout was tough at first, I was only doing about 75% of it, but last week I finally made it through with 100% of the reps and exercises. I'm hoping that after last week's losses, I'm trending downward. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment