Monday, February 8, 2010

When did I get old?



After having been Russell Crowe all week on FB, I decided it was time for a new profile picture. In the past I have always used a picture of my boys, and thought it might be time to put up a picture of me. I looked at pictures all the way back to when we first got a digital camera, when O was born. I was taken aback by the youthfulness of my appearance, especially when compared to today. Can 6 years really make that big of a difference? I can only come to one conclusion, my children are aging me exponentially. Those 6 years from then to now, have actually aged me 18 years. I am fearful of their teenage years and how old I may grow then. I also find it odd, that as I have aged so quickly, my wife still looks as young as ever. In fact she is more beautiful and youthful than ever. Other than the fact that she exercises, eats right, and takes care of herself, the only difference between us is that she colors her gray hair and I don't (and she's 1 year younger). I guess if things continue, it will look like I married myself a much younger trophy wife, so I've got that to look forward to. However, I'm not sure the boys will appreciate their friends asking if I'm their grandfather. Perhaps my new found attempts at exercise will slow the process, but in the mean time I best get me some Oil of Olay.

No comments:

Post a Comment