Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Snap! Crackle! Pop!

For a few months now, I've been having some discomfort with my shoulder and with my knee when I run. I know the knee issue is a tight IT band, and I've gone to a running clinic to learn to run correctly to fix it. At my annual physical I asked my gp about my shoulder, he tested my range of motion and told me it's arthritis in my AC joint. I tend to disagree with his diagnosis, but he's the one with the MD, it's just my body. I figured before I go and have another doctor want to scope me, I would try an alternative. So today I went to see a chiropractor, or if you prefer, a back quack. My sister-in-law, swears by the guy and how he has helped her and her family. I went in without preconceptions, it is worth a try. I had to fill out the usual patient info sheet. I thought about not mentioning what my problems were, I figured if he's good he should know without me telling. Decided it might be more helpful in fixing the problems if I mentioned them.

Editor's note:
Turns out, all it took was a new mattress and a gel foam mattress topper (on the chiropractors advice) for my shoulders to feel better. Some good stretching made my knee feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment